Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Error: Cannot uninstall Language Pack 0 because it is not deployed when attempting to uninstall-spsolution on sharepoint 2010 foundation

I got above error while trying to unistall wsp package using central admin and also when I tried to unistall using powershell. The timer job trying to unistall this wsp package was stuck and so I was unable to uninstall or remove solution using powershell scripts or central admin site.

Finally after search through internet I restarted SharePoint 2010 Administration Service and also SharePoint 2010 Timer using services.msc. Then I refreshed central admin solution store list and clicked on the solution to see its status, here though status was same (Retracting) I found a new link Terminate Retraction Job, after clicking on this link, I was able to remove the solution and add it back again.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kunal_mukherjee/archive/2012/11/13/error-cannot-uninstall-language-pack-0-because-it-is-not-deployed-when-attempting-to-uninstall-spsolution-on-sharepoint-2010-foundation.aspx

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7589908/cannot-uninstall-language-pack-0-because-it-is-not-deployed-when-attempting-to#

 

No comments:

SSL Error - The connection for this site is not secure

 After cloning a git repo of dot net framework website and trying to run it all I could see was this error Turns out the fix was to simply e...