Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Windows process explorer

This comes in handy if we need to find out a dlls is being used by which processes. I had to use it when I got an error "cannot access assembly because it is being used by another process" while uninstalling a dll from GAC.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/356913a7-dda7-41a7-8702-f71ec0a8b7db/cannot-add-assembly-to-gac?forum=sharepointdevelopmentlegacy

The reason for  "cannot access assembly because it is being used by another process" error was that I has added a reference to this dll in a Visual Studio 2012 project and the project was open. The issue was resolved after I close all instances of visual studio

No comments:

SSL Error - The connection for this site is not secure

 After cloning a git repo of dot net framework website and trying to run it all I could see was this error Turns out the fix was to simply e...